3.1 Induction of employees and volunteers
• We have a written induction plan for all new staff, which includes the following:
– Introductions to all employees and volunteers.
– Familiarisation with the building, health and safety, and fire and evacuation procedures.
– Ensuring our policies and procedures are read and adhered to.
– Introduction to the parents, especially parents of allocated key children where appropriate.
– Familiarisation with confidential information in relation to any key children where applicable.
– Details of the tasks and daily routines to be completed.
• The induction period lasts at least two weeks. For group provision: The manager inducts new employees and volunteers. A member of the senior management team inducts new managers.
• During the induction period, the individual must demonstrate understanding of and compliance with policies, procedures, tasks and routines.
• Successful completion of the induction forms part of the probationary period.
• Following induction, we continue to support our staff to deliver high quality performance through regular supervision and appraisal of their work.