Early Learning for 2 Year Olds
- For Families in England receiving some forms of support
- With 2-year-old children
- 15 hours of free childcare or early education for 38 weeks
- To be able to take up 15 hours of free childcare for you 2-year-old you or your child must meet the eligibility criteria. Please visit GOV.UK for further information.
- A total of 570 hours per year, that you can use flexibly with one or more childcare providers.
Your 2-year-old can get free childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
- Tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
2-year-olds can also get free childcare if they:
- have a statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan.
- get Disability Living Allowance
- have left care under adoption order, special guardianship order or a child arrangements order.
Contact your childcare provider or local council to find out more.
Find out more here